Testing scripts with the Text Graph Analyzer
A number of ETA configurations involve testing scripts such as Entity Extraction Scripts (EESs) and Dictionaries with the Text Graph Analyzer.
For information on the text graph see .
No matter the script type the process is identical. Here we provide an example for testing EESs.
Testing Entity Extraction Scripts
The EES configuration tool is equipped with a screen editor and a testing tool, illustrated below:
Try it out first using the "Example" EES supplied with ETA:
- Select and load the Example EES by clicking it in the EES listing.
- The Example EES code will appear in the screen editor (as above).
- Within EES scripts you can place example text that will automatically be loaded into the Text Graph Analyzer's "Document Input" pane when the EES is run.
- To save and test an EES, click the "Save & Test" button at the bottom of the screen editor pane.
- The Document Input text is processed and the ETA document output is shown in the "Document" pane.
- The Document pane shows the text references (highlighted text) that result from processing the document through the workflow including the EES under development (in this case "Example")
- The Text Graph viewer and the Links and Nodes listing provide a rich resource for understanding how your script has operated on the input text.
- To run the same script on other text, just add to or replace the text in the Document Input pane and click "Submit" or type Ctrl-Enter.
- To find out more about the Text Graph Analyzer, click the link.